School/Applied Child Psychology
e-mail : email@example.com
Keywords: family impact, parenting and positive outcomes in families raising a child with neurodevelopmental disability
- Fombonne, E., Quirke, S., & Hagen, A. (2009). Population rates and trends in pervasive developmental disorders. McGill Journal of Medicine, 12 (2), 73 -79.
- Quirke, S., Piatt, C., & Keiko-Thomas, Volden, J. (2011). Dimensionalization or categorization of ASD: Implications for DSM-V. Winter Digest for Autism Research Training Institute
- Fombonne, E., Quirke, S., Hagen, A. (2011). Epidemiology of pervasive developmental disorders. In: Autism Spectrum Disorders. Amaral DG, Dawson G, and Geschwind DH (Eds). Oxford University Press.
- Bruce, J., & Quirke, S. (2010). Families of children with genetic disorders. In P. McCabe, & S. R.Shaw, (Eds.), Current topics in pediatrics in the schools: Neurodevelopmental disorders. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage/Corwin Press.
Conference Poster Presentations (Selected)
- Quirke, S., Sladeczek, I., & Fombonne, E. (July, 2012). Parent thinking in raising their child with autism: Positive, negative or both? Poster presented at the International School Psychology Association (ISPA) in Montreal, Canada.
- Quirke, S., Sladeczek, I., & Fombonne, E. (May, 2012). Predictors of positive and negative cognitive appraisals in families raising a child with an autism spectrum disorder. Poster presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR) in Toronto, ON
- Quirke, S., Campbell, C.A., Claro, A., Flanagan, T., & Fombonne, E. (March, 2011). Parenting style used by parents caring for their child with an autism spectrum disorder. Poster presented at the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) biennial meeting in Montreal, Canada.
- Quirke, S., Flanagan, T., Claro, A., Campbell, C., & Fombonne, E. (August, 2011). Impact of a child with autism spectrum disorder on the family. Poster presented at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association (APA) in Washington, USA.
- Quirke, S., Flanagan, T., & Fombonne, E. (June, 2011). Dimensions of parenting used with children on the autism spectrum. Poster presented at The Canadian Psychological Association’s 72nd Annual Convention (CPA) in Toronto, Ontario.