School/Applied Child Psychology
e-mail : email@example.com
My doctoral research explores visual attention in individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Specifically, I am measuring the impact of cognitive load and feedback on attention using a three-dimensional multiple object tracking task.
Other research interests of mine include music perception and cognition, language development, and paediatric psychology.
Keywords: autism, cognitive neuroscience, development, attention
- Bhatara, A. K., Tirovolas, A. K., Duan, L., Levy B., & Levitin, D. (2011). Perception of emotional expression in musical performance. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 37, 921-934.
- Bhatara, A. K., Quintin, E.-M., Levy, B., Bellugi, U., Fombonne, E., & Levitin, D. J. (2010). Perception of emotion in musical performance in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. Autism Research, 3, 214-225.
Conference Oral Presentations
- Levy, B. (May 2016). “Pediatric Organ Transplantation.” Pediatric Psychology Intern Didactics, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- Levy, B., D’Arrisso, A., Carducci, R., & Wazana, A. D. (April 2014). “Group therapy for selective mutism…Really! Parts I & II.” JGH Child Psychiatry Clinical Rounds, Montreal, QC.
- Levitin, D. J., Bhatara, A., Tirovolas, A. K., Duan, L. M., & Levy, B. (November 2010). The aesthetics of musical expression: Evidence from psychophysics. Paper presented at the Symposium on Aesthetic Science: Psychophysical and Neuroscientific Approaches, 51st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society, St. Louis, MO.
Conference Poster Presentations
Levy, B., D’Arrisso, A., Carducci, R., Brender, W., & Wazana, A. D. (June 2015). Group therapy for children with selective mutism: Merging techniques from CBT and occupational therapy. 76th annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association. Ottawa, ON.
- Glaser, S., Shaw, S. R., & Levy, B. (June 2013). Emotion regulation and academic competence: Examining predictive relationships in adolescents. 74th annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association. Quebec City, QC, Canada.
- Levy, B., & Shaw, S. (July 2012). Non-cognitive traits and academic achievement. 34th Annual Meeting of the International School Psychology Association. Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Levy, B., & Cordes, S. (May 2011). Spatial representation of number and pitch in adults. Boston College Department of Psychology Graduate Student Research Day. Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA.
- Levy, B., Thomson, J., & Gaab, N. (May 2009). Investigating the effect of musical training on the perception and production of linguistic stimuli. Abstract and poster presented at the HT-100 Final Student Project Poster Session. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA.
- Bhatara, A., Quintin, E.M., Levy, B., Fombonne, E., & Levitin, D.J. (June 2007). Development ofemotional understanding of music in children with autism. Annual meeting of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Music, Media, and Technology (CIRMMT). Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Quintin, E.M., Bhatara, A., Levy, B., Fombonne, E., Poissant, H. & Levitin, D.J. (June 2007). How do individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder perceive emotions in music? Annual meeting of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Music, Media, and Technology (CIRMMT). Montreal, QC, Canada.