School/Applied Child Psychology
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
My doctoral research explores visual attention in individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Specifically, I am measuring the impact of cognitive load and feedback on attention using a three-dimensional multiple object tracking task.
Other research interests of mine include music perception and cognition, language development, and paediatric psychology.
Keywords: autism, cognitive neuroscience, development, attention
- Bhatara, A. K., Tirovolas, A. K., Duan, L., Levy B., & Levitin, D. (2011). Perception of emotional expression in musical performance. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 37, 921-934.
- Bhatara, A. K., Quintin, E.-M., Levy, B., Bellugi, U., Fombonne, E., & Levitin, D. J. (2010). Perception of emotion in musical performance in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. Autism Research, 3, 214-225.
Conference Oral Presentations
- Levy, B. (May 2016). “Pediatric Organ Transplantation.” Pediatric Psychology Intern Didactics, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- Levy, B., D’Arrisso, A., Carducci, R., & Wazana, A. D. (April 2014). “Group therapy for selective mutism…Really! Parts I & II.” JGH Child Psychiatry Clinical Rounds, Montreal, QC.
- Levitin, D. J., Bhatara, A., Tirovolas, A. K., Duan, L. M., & Levy, B. (November 2010). The aesthetics of musical expression: Evidence from psychophysics. Paper presented at the Symposium on Aesthetic Science: Psychophysical and Neuroscientific Approaches, 51st Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society, St. Louis, MO.
Conference Poster Presentations
Levy, B., Tullo, D., Mottron, L., Faubert, J., & Bertone, A. (May 2017). Using a 3-D multiple object tracking (MOT) task to assess attentional abilities in autism. Abstract and poster presented at the 16th annual meeting of the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR). San Francisco, CA.
Levy, B., Tullo, D., Mottron, L., Faubert, J., & Bertone, A. (March 2017). E?valuer la charge cognitive chez les autistes usant un paradigme de suivi d’objets multiples tridimensionnel (3D-MOT). Abstract and poster presented at the 25th annual meeting of the Centre de Recherche en Neuropsychologie et Cognition (CERNEC), Saint-Sauveur, QC.
Levy, B., D’Arrisso, A., Carducci, R., Brender, W., & Wazana, A. D. (June 2015). Group therapy for children with selective mutism: Merging techniques from CBT and occupational therapy. 76th annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association. Ottawa, ON.
- Glaser, S., Shaw, S. R., & Levy, B. (June 2013). Emotion regulation and academic competence: Examining predictive relationships in adolescents. 74th annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association. Quebec City, QC, Canada.
- Levy, B., & Shaw, S. (July 2012). Non-cognitive traits and academic achievement. 34th Annual Meeting of the International School Psychology Association. Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Levy, B., & Cordes, S. (May 2011). Spatial representation of number and pitch in adults. Boston College Department of Psychology Graduate Student Research Day. Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA.
- Levy, B., Thomson, J., & Gaab, N. (May 2009). Investigating the effect of musical training on the perception and production of linguistic stimuli. Abstract and poster presented at the HT-100 Final Student Project Poster Session. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, MA.
- Bhatara, A., Quintin, E.M., Levy, B., Fombonne, E., & Levitin, D.J. (June 2007). Development ofemotional understanding of music in children with autism. Annual meeting of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Music, Media, and Technology (CIRMMT). Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Quintin, E.M., Bhatara, A., Levy, B., Fombonne, E., Poissant, H. & Levitin, D.J. (June 2007). How do individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder perceive emotions in music? Annual meeting of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Music, Media, and Technology (CIRMMT). Montreal, QC, Canada.